Rockit™ apple cupcakes
Rockit™ apples not only make delicious cupcakes, they also make a great decoration!
For the cupcakes:
- 115 g butter
- 115 g self-raising flour
- 115 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 Rockit™ apples peeled, cored and chopped into small chunks
- 1 Rockit™ apple cut into thin slices
For the icing:
- 150g butter (softened)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp hot water
- 1/2 - 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- Food colouring (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C fan
- Mix together the butter, flour, caster sugar and cinnamon
- Break in the eggs and mix together until smooth
- Fold chopped apple into the cake mixture. Divide among cupcake cases, remembering not to over-fill them
- Bake in the oven for 12–15 minutes. The cakes are ready when they spring back when lightly touched with a finger
- Place on a wire rack to cool and start on the icing.
Beat butter until smooth, pale and fluffy
- Gradually add icing sugar, hot water and vanilla essence whilst beating until a creamy consistency is reached
- If using food colouring, add a few drops at a time (giving the icing a good mix in between drops) until desired colour is achieved.
Pipe icing onto cooled cupcakes, sprinkle with icing sugar and add a slice of Rockit™ apple to the top.