Rockit™ apple oat cookies
We love sneaking our Rockit™ apples into any sort of snack, and these Apple Oat cookies are just the trick! Thick, chewy and with the added nutritional punch of Rockit™ apples, they’re perfect for school lunch boxes or an afternoon delight.
- 3 Rockit™ apples (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted (cooled)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Maple Glaze Icing
- 1/8 cup (60g) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (120ml) maple syrup
- 1 cup (112g) icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit / 180 Degrees Celcius and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Keeping little fingers safe, peel, core and chop apples into small cubes. Toss with lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir the cubed apples into the dry mixture.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine melted butter with both sugars. Whisk for 30 seconds. The mixture should be pale.
- Add egg and vanilla to the wet mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix together.
- Cover the mixing bowl and place in fridge for 1-2 hours. This helps to create the delicious chewy texture.
- Once chilled, scoop and roll dough into 2 tablespoon size balls and place on prepared cookie sheet, leaving space between each ball so they don’t merge together.
- Press lightly with back of spoon or fork to flatten.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges start to brown. Add 2 more minutes of baking time if needed.
- Once cooled, we recommend storing the cookies in an airtight jar or container to keep the cookies fresh.
Recipe adapted from - https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/apple-oatmeal-cookies/