Rockit™ apple oat ginger cookies
These cookies are easy to make and are bursting with delicious chunks of Rockit™ apples and ginger.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Rockit™ apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, diced small (optional)
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1- 2 tablespoons milk
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients: oats, all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients: maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until everything is combined but take care not to overmix.
- Stir in the apples and crystalized ginger if using.
- Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes while preheating oven to 325°F / 165°C. This will give the oats time to soak up some of liquid and make for moist cookies.
- Spoon batter onto the lined baking sheet one heaping tablespoon at a time, then bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.
- While the cookies are baking, make the glaze. Thoroughly combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Then add milk 1/2 tablespoon at a time until consistency is fluid but not runny. You may not need all of the milk.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cookies in a zigzagging motion using a spoon.
- Let the glaze set, about 5 minutes, then serve.