Rockit apple, chicken and rosemary burgers
Apple and fresh rosemary are the surprising and utterly delicious additions to these zingy chicken burgers. They are wonderful with your favourite buns but also great as a lower carb bun-less burger with all your favourite fresh additions. A good spicy relish and some quality mayo is a great match too created by @kellygibney_wholehearted
Serves 4-6 | makes 10-12 patties
- 800g free range chicken mince
- 4 Rockit apples – grated and squeezed tightly of juice
- ½ red onion – finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves – finely diced
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Handful fresh coriander – roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely diced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 free range egg
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- fresh lettuce leaves
- grated carrot
- mayo and relish
- Place all the ingredients except chia seeds in a large bowl. Mix well until evenly combined. Sprinkle chia seeds over the top and mix these through very well also.
- Use handfuls of meat to form patties. The size is up to you.
- Heat a sauté pan over a medium heat. Add a glug of oil and swirl to coat the pan. Cook 4 patties at a time (don’t overcrowd the pan!) for roughly 4 minutes on each side until browned and no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve with fresh lettuce leaves, grated carrot, avocado, radish, sprouts, mayo and relish.