Rockit™ Apple Cinnamon Baked French Toast
The easy Rockit™ Apple, Rose and Dates Phirni by @foodaddictduo are made with the goodness of fresh Rockit apples and milk - a perfect dessert recipe for special occasions with family.
- 6 slices brioche bread
- 2 Rockit™ apples peeled and cut into cubes
- 1½ tbsp corn starch
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup of walnuts chopped
- Pine nuts (optional)
- Cinnamon sugar
- Maple syrup / coconut nectar
- Heavy whipped cream to serve
- Cut the brioche bread into cubes.
- Place cut apples and brioche into a large bowl
- Add coconut or brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, corn starch and mix well.
- In the seperate bowl, whisk eggs and add milk and cream. Mix well.
- Grease two skillets 4x4 inches or one large 8X8 inches with butter.
- Put the dry ingredients into the bottom of the skillets and pour the wet ingredients over them. Refrigerate them over night.
- Remove skillets from the fridge and add chopped walnuts and sprinkle over cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 150C for 20 - 25 min until golden brown from the top.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Pour the maple syrup / coconut nectar and serve with whipped cream.