Rockit™ Apple, Date, Oat Bars
These Apple, Oat and Date bars by @myculinaryvibes are super tasty and will help you sustain your energy throughout the day.
- 1 cup of soft dates, (deseeded)
- 1 cup of rolled oats (whole grain oats)
- 1/2 cup of oats slightly roasted and powdered to a flour
- 2 tbsp of chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp of chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 tbsp of honey (optional)
- 2 to 3 tbsp of peanut butter
- 3 to 4 Rockit™ apples chopped
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp of butter
- Thinly sliced Rockit™
- Peanut butter to drizzle
- Chopped nuts
- Heat a saucepan with butter and add the finely chopped Rockit™ apples, until it turns soft into a slightly chunky sauce.
- Season with cinnamon powder and keep aside.
- Add the dates in the food processor, make sure to chop the dates to smaller pieces if using large dates. The dates should be in a paste form as it acts as the binding agent here, so we can add a tsp of water if needed.
- Take the date paste in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients mentioned and mix well.
- Line a mould with baking paper and prepare a base with half of the date mixture.
- Spread the Rockit™ apples filling over the oat base evenly.
- Top it up with the rest of the oats mixture.
- Garnish with the Rockit™ apples slices, nuts of choice and peanut butter.
- Refrigerate for a while and cut into squares and enjoy.