Rockit Apple, Oat, Choc Chip Slice
A simple and delicious snack for the whole family, bursting with energy from the Rockit apples developed by @kellygibney_wholehearted.
- 5 Rockit apples
- 1 ripe banana – very well mashed
- 2 free range eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup tapioca flour (could also use regular flour)
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup dark choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Grate the apples (skin on) and squeeze tightly to remove excess liquid.
- Place in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients and half the chocolate chips. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Line a 20x20cm oven proof dish with baking paper and press the mixture in roughly.
- Scatter with the remaining chocolate chips and then use damp fingers or the back of the wet spoon to smooth out the top and press in firmly.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until lightly golden on top. Wait until cool before slicing.