Rockit™ apple pie oatmeal
This oatmeal is a tasty take on the classic oatmeal. Perfect for colder mornings or when you feel like something a bit sweeter! Serves 2.
- 3 Rockit™ apples peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tbsp brown or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch ginger powder
- 2 cups water
- Splash milk of choice, optional.
- Toppings: Apple slices, pecans or walnuts, honey
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat until melted. Sprinkle in the sugar and stir to dissolve the, then add the apple cubes, and cook, 3-4 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Add the cinnamon and ginger powder, stir, and cook for another minute.
- Add the oats and water, bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until oats have cooked and thickened.
- Top with toppings of your choice like apple slices, nuts and honey or maple syrup.